Breaking
World leaders gather for emergency summit on climate crisis • Tech giants announce major breakthrough in fusion energy • Stocks reach all-time high as global trade recovers • Global News 24 launches premium news experience • Stay updated with real-time headlines •
BACK TO NEWS
Technology8 days ago

Man sentenced to two years in prison for stealing unreleased Beyoncé music

The Guardian
The Guardian

Verified Publisher

Man sentenced to two years in prison for stealing unreleased Beyoncé music

Kelvin Evans pleads guilty to stealing hard drives and laptops from a car before singer’s Atlanta tour dates in 2025A man arrested for stealing hard drives containing unreleased Beyoncé music has pleaded guilty in an Atlanta court on Tuesday.Kelvin Evans was arrested by the Atlanta police department in September in connection to a July 2025 <a href="https://www.thegu

Beyoncé attends the 2026 Met Gala on 4 May in New York City.

Photograph: TheStewartofNY/Getty Images View image in fullscreen Beyoncé attends the 2026 Met Gala on 4 May in New York City.

Photograph: TheStewartofNY/Getty Images Man sentenced to two years in prison for stealing unreleased Beyoncé music Kelvin Evans pleads guilty to stealing hard drives and laptops from a car before singer’s Atlanta tour dates in 2025 A man arrested for stealing hard drives containing unreleased Beyoncé music has pleaded guilty in an Atlanta court on Tuesday.

Kelvin Evans was arrested by the Atlanta police department in September in connection to a July 2025 car robbery where two suitcases containing Beyoncé music and tour plans were stolen from a rental car.

In an Atlanta court this morning, Evans accepted a five-year sentence of which he will serve two years in custody. Previously he had pleaded not guilty and reportedly declined to take a deal in April, according to Rolling Stone .

Evans was ordered to avoid the location of the theft in Atlanta and refrain from contact with the victim as part of his probation terms.

According to a July police report, Beyoncé choreographer Christopher Grant and dancer Diandre Blue called 911 to report a theft from their rental vehicle, a 2024 Jeep Wagoneer, before Beyoncé’s Cowboy Carter tour dates in Atlanta.

Unreleased Beyoncé music stolen in Atlanta during Cowboy Carter tour Read more An October indictment stated that Evans entered the car on 8 July “with the intent to commit theft”.

The stolen hard drives contained “watermarked music, some unreleased music, footage plans for the show and past and future set list”, according to a police report. Clothing, designer sunglasses, laptops and AirPods headphones were also stolen, Grant and Blue said.

Local law enforcement searched for the location of one of the stolen laptops and the AirPods to try and locate the property. One police officer wrote in the report: “I conducted a suspicious stop in the area, due to the information that was relayed to me. There were several cars in the area also that the AirPods were pinging to in that area also.

“After further investigation, a silver [redacted], which had traveled into zone 5 was moving at the same time as the tracking on the AirPods.” Evans was arrested several weeks after Grant and Blue filed a report, and was publicly named as the suspect in September. He was released on a $20,000 bond a month later.

At the time of his arrest, Atlanta police said that the stolen property had not been recovered. It is unclear whether it has since been found.

Beyoncé’s Cowboy Carter was the highest-grossing tour of last year, earning the performer over $407m across 32 shows. She won the 2025 album of the year Grammy for the project, which was praised by the Guardian’s Michael Cragg as “a thrilling 27-track journey through and beyond America’s roots music”.

Earlier this month, Beyoncé co-chaired the Met Gala alongside Nicole Kidman, Venus Williams and Anna Wintour. She was accompanied by her husband, Jay-Z , and daughter Blue Ivy.

“It feels surreal [to be back] because my daughter’s here,” Beyoncé said on the red carpet. “She looks so beautiful. It’s incredible to be able to share it with her.” Rumors have been swirling that Beyoncé will drop her new album this summer, speculatively titled Act III and with a possible rock direction.

When asked about the project on the Today show earlier this month, Tina Knowles, Beyoncé’s mother, was tight-lipped: “I’d tell you, but I’d have to kill you,” she joked.

Explore more on these topics Beyoncé US crime Atlanta Pop and rock Country Georgia news Share Reuse this content

Read original story at The Guardian

Continue reading this article on the publisher's website.

Visit Website

More from The Guardian

Australia news live: Penny Wong rebukes Israel over “shocking and unacceptable” treatment of flotilla activists
Technology
The Guardian
The Guardian38 minutes ago1 min read

Australia news live: Penny Wong rebukes Israel over “shocking and unacceptable” treatment of flotilla activists

Australia’s foreign minister condemns video posted by Israel’s national security minister taunting detained activists. Follow today’s news liveGet our breaking news email, free app or daily news podcastAustralian Foreign Minister Penny Wong c

Man charged with stealing camera equipment from Bondi shooting victim in aftermath of terror attack
Technology
The Guardian
The Guardianabout 2 hours ago1 min read

Man charged with stealing camera equipment from Bondi shooting victim in aftermath of terror attack

Police allege an attender at the Hanukah event before the shooting stole a deceased 61-year-old’s camera equipment then pawned itGet our breaking news email, free app or daily news podcastNSW police have charged a man for allegedly stealing camera equi

Murder inquiry launched after fatal assault on London bus driver
Health
The Guardian
The Guardianabout 2 hours ago1 min read

Murder inquiry launched after fatal assault on London bus driver

Police say 64-year-old was attacked after confrontation near Battersea BridgeA murder investigation has been launched after a bus driver died after an assault on Battersea Bridge in London, police said. Sergei Krajev, 64, died in hospital on Tuesday after the incident in the early hours of Monday morning. Police believe he was attacked following a confrontation on the pavement near the bus, which was stationary at the time. Gary Jones, 32, was arr